- August 27, 2018
- Posted by: Laura Milliard
- Category: Uncategorized
Feeling tired of the same old banana loaf? How about trying something new! Turn that plain loaf into something fun and exciting with these quick and easy recipes.
1) Banana Loaf French Toast
Servings: Serves 10 (recommended 2 slices per serving)
- 1 Banana Loaf (pre-sliced)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: maple syrup and fresh banana (to top)
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Grease a frying pan and place on medium heat.
- Dunk each slice of loaf in egg mixture just enough to cover both sides. Do not let the slice sit in the mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Optional: Top with fresh banana slices and maple syrup (may be substituted).
2) Cherry Loaf Biscotti
Serves 20 (recommended 2 biscotti per serving)
- 1 Cherry Loaf
- Preheat oven at 325⁰F (165⁰C).
- Cut into finger slices (length wise) and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Grilled Pineapple Zucchini Loaf with Warm Chocolate Sauce
- 1 Pineapple Zucchini Loaf
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- ½ cup margarine
- Spread margarine on each side of your slice of loaf.
- Place in frying pan until both sides are golden brown. Remove from heat.
Plate and pour chocolate sauce on top.
4) Warm Apple Spice Loaf with Caramel Sauce
- 1 Apple Spice Loaf
- 2 cups caramel sauce
- Place loaf in a microwave safe container. Cover with caramel sauce.
- Heat for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave or until the loaf has absorbed the sauce.
- Serve warm.
- Optional: May be paired with fresh fruit.
5) Banana Loaf Layered Pudding Cake
- 1 Banana Loaf
- 1 pack instant banana pudding
- 1 pack instant chocolate pudding
- Whip cream
- Layer banana load, banana pudding and chocolate pudding in a small serving bowl (preferably clear).
- On the last layer place whip cream.
Optional: Place shredded chocolate or fresh banana slices on top
6) Banana Loaf Bread Pudding
- 4 cups cubed banana loaf
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Whip cream to top
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (180⁰C).
- Spread broken pieces of banana loaf into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar together. Pour mixture over banana loaf pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes (or until custard has set).
- Can be served warmed or chilled. Optional: Top with whip cream or chocolate pudding.
Doing it your way!
- Change up breakfast or dessert
- Add different toppings to create variety
- Get creative with presentation
- Substitute loaves for different flavors
Tell us what you create!