HFS Through the Years
HFS is a leading expert in healthcare food because our roots are in healthcare. Since we are actually owned by healthcare organizations we have frontline knowledge of the needs of healthcare food service managers.
HFS is a publicly owned organization whose purpose and focus since we opened our doors in 1980 was to create and provide the best tasting and nutritious healthcare food to the Canadian healthcare industry.
Through the years we have demonstrated our commitment to this purpose through new product innovation, food delivery innovation and multiple conferences to address your challenges and opportunities.
- In 1980 the business was established to serve 4 Ottawa hospitals (The Ottawa Hospital, Bruyère Continuing Care, Royal Ottawa Healthcare Group and Queensway Carleton Hospital)
- Expanded to more hospitals in Eastern Ontario
- Expanded distribution to Toronto and Southern Ontario
- Built our new state-of-the-art facility to accommodate growth
- Expanded Nationally
- Continued growth via distributors and contract caterers
- Launched Simply Good brand – simpler, healthier and tastier food
- Launched new and innovative SOHFi meal delivery system
- Future of Food in Healthcare conferences
- Introduced regional, common menu and benchmarking studies
- Launch of FoodCareTM Healthcare Foodservice innovation
We are excited to embrace the opportunities of the future!